Iberostar Quetzal is a beachfront all-inclusive resort located in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It features a tropical setting with lush gardens, swimming pools, restaurants, bars, and entertainment. The resort offers various amenities and activities such as a spa, fitness center, sports courts, water sports, and children’s clubs. The name “Quetzal” is inspired by the colorful bird from the Mayan mythology that represents freedom, beauty, and the spirit of the jungle.
Iberostar Tucan is a beachfront resort located in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It is part of the Iberostar Hotels and Resorts chain, which operates hotels and resorts in various locations around the world.
The Iberostar Tucan resort features a range of amenities and activities, including multiple swimming pools, a private beach, several restaurants and bars, a spa, and a fitness center. The resort also offers a range of activities for guests, such as water sports, tennis, and golf.
The resort’s architecture and design are inspired by the natural environment, and the resort is surrounded by lush jungle and wildlife, including monkeys, tropical birds, and iguanas. The Iberostar Tucan is a popular destination for families and couples seeking a tropical getaway with plenty of activities and amenities.
Iberostar Quetzal and Iberostar Tucan are two resorts that share the same location and many similar amenities, but there are some key differences between them. Here are a few of the main differences:
- Decor and architectural style: While both resorts are inspired by the natural environment, they have different decor and architectural styles. Iberostar Quetzal is inspired by Mayan culture, with features like a replica Mayan temple in the lobby and Mayan-inspired artwork throughout the resort. Iberostar Tucan, on the other hand, is inspired by the jungle and its wildlife, with features like wooden bridges and walkways through the trees and a cenote-inspired pool.
- Room types: While both resorts offer a range of room types, there are some differences between the two. For example, Iberostar Quetzal offers a Family Room category that can accommodate up to five people, while Iberostar Tucan does not. On the other hand, Iberostar Tucan offers a Star Prestige room category, which includes additional amenities like a private check-in and access to an exclusive lounge.
- Dining options: Both resorts offer multiple restaurants and bars, but there are some differences in the specific options. For example, Iberostar Quetzal has a Japanese restaurant and a steakhouse, while Iberostar Tucan has a Mexican restaurant and a seafood restaurant.
- Entertainment: While both resorts offer a range of activities and entertainment options, there are some differences. For example, Iberostar Quetzal has a theater with nightly shows, while Iberostar Tucan does not. On the other hand, Iberostar Tucan has a disco, while Iberostar Quetzal does not.
The pricing for Iberostar Quetzal and Iberostar Tucan can vary based on factors such as the time of year, the room type, and any special promotions or discounts that may be available.
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the starting price for a standard room at either resort during the high season (December – April) was around $200-$300 per night. During the low season (May – November), prices were typically lower, starting at around $150-$200 per night.
However, it’s important to note that pricing can vary based on a number of factors, including the specific dates of travel and any special promotions or discounts that may be available. It’s always a good idea to check directly with the resort or with a travel agent to get the most accurate pricing information for your specific travel dates and room preferences.
Overall, while Iberostar Quetzal and Iberostar Tucan share many similarities, there are some differences that may make one resort more appealing to certain travelers than the other.
Iberostar Quetzal Vs. Ibersotar Tucan: Which is better?
Deciding which resort, Iberostar Quetzal or Iberostar Tucan, is better for you depends on your preferences and priorities. Both resorts offer similar amenities and are located on the same beachfront property in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
Some guests may prefer the Mayan-inspired decor and architecture of Iberostar Quetzal, while others may prefer the jungle and wildlife-inspired design of Iberostar Tucan. Additionally, the specific room types and dining options may differ between the two resorts, so it’s worth researching which resort offers the options that appeal to you most.
Overall, both resorts are highly rated by guests and offer a range of activities and amenities for families and couples, including multiple swimming pools, a private beach, spa, fitness center, tennis courts, golf course nearby, and water sports. Both resorts also offer all-inclusive packages that include meals, drinks, and entertainment.
Ultimately, it’s a matter of personal preference which resort is better. It may be helpful to read reviews from previous guests, compare pricing and availability, and consider which resort best aligns with your individual needs and preferences.
Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan: Which is better for singles?
Both Iberostar Quetzal and Iberostar Tucan offer a range of amenities and activities that can be enjoyed by singles. However, which resort is “better” for singles may depend on individual preferences and priorities. Here are a few things to consider:
- Nightlife: Both resorts offer a variety of bars and nightly entertainment options, but the atmosphere can differ between the two. Iberostar Tucan’s nightclub, La Rancherita, has a reputation for being more lively and energetic, while Iberostar Quetzal may have a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Activities: Both resorts offer a range of activities that can be enjoyed by singles, including water sports, fitness classes, and beach volleyball. However, some guests may prefer the range of activities offered at one resort over the other, so it’s worth researching which activities are available at each resort.
- Adult-only areas: While both resorts are family-friendly, Iberostar Quetzal offers an adults-only pool and a separate adults-only area of the beach. Some singles may prefer the more quiet and peaceful atmosphere of these areas.
Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan: Which is better for couples?
Both Iberostar Quetzal and Iberostar Tucan offer a variety of amenities and activities that can be enjoyed by couples. However, which resort is “better” for couples may depend on individual preferences and priorities. Here are a few things to consider:
Romance packages: Both resorts offer romantic packages that can be added to your stay, which may include items such as a couples massage, a romantic dinner, or a bottle of wine in your room. However, the specific packages and amenities may differ between the two resorts, so it’s worth researching which options are available.
Adult-only areas: While both resorts are family-friendly, Iberostar Quetzal offers an adults-only pool and a separate adults-only area of the beach. This may be a more attractive feature for couples who are seeking a more peaceful and romantic atmosphere.
Dining options: Both resorts offer a range of dining options, including a variety of restaurants and bars. However, some couples may prefer the specific dining options and atmosphere at one resort over the other.
Room amenities: Both resorts offer well-appointed rooms with comfortable bedding, private bathrooms, and a range of amenities. However, the specific room amenities and decor may differ between the two resorts.
Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan: Which is better for families?
Both Iberostar Quetzal and Iberostar Tucan are family-friendly resorts that offer a variety of amenities and activities for all ages. Here are some things to consider when choosing which resort is better for families:
- Kid-friendly amenities: Both resorts offer a range of kid-friendly amenities, including a kids’ club, playground, and pool. Iberostar Quetzal has a splash park for young children, while Iberostar Tucan has a mini-waterpark with slides and a pirate ship.
- Entertainment: Both resorts offer a range of entertainment options, including live shows and music. Iberostar Tucan has a more active entertainment program with lots of activities and games, while Iberostar Quetzal has a more relaxed and laid-back atmosphere.
- Dining options: Both resorts offer a variety of dining options, including kid-friendly menus and buffets. Iberostar Tucan has a wider range of dining options, including a Japanese restaurant, while Iberostar Quetzal offers more traditional Mexican cuisine.
- Beach and pool: Both resorts have beautiful beaches and multiple pools, including a kids’ pool. Iberostar Tucan’s pool area is more expansive, with a lazy river and swim-up bar, while Iberostar Quetzal’s pool is more compact.