A trike is traditionally the first vehicle of your children. It helps kids to develop their motor skills and increase their leg strength. Since it comes with a stable base, it helps children to maintain stability and security. Besides empowering and encouraging kids to ride on their own, it also aids in developing hand-eye coordination.
When it comes to trike, Doona Liki Trikes rules the market, with S3 and S4 being the top ones. They are majorly liked by the kids and the parents. Both doona S3 and S4 have the same specifications and features. However, Doona S5 comes with an additional storage bad and travel bag. Plus, it has wooden handlebars compared to the plastic ones in S3, offering more stability. The other advantage of wooden handlebar is that unlike plastics, wooden materials doesn’t get too heated when exposed to the heat of the summer.
Doona Liki Trike S3 vs S5
The Trike S5 is an upgraded model that comes with additional features such as an adjustable handlebar, a larger seat, and larger wheels for smoother rides. The pricing of each model may vary depending on the retailer or location, but the Trike S5 is generally more expensive than the Trike S3.
Generally, Doona S3 costs around $250, Doona S5 comes at $300. There is no significant difference between the two.
Both the Doona Liki Trikes S3 and S5 are designed with safety in mind. They both feature a five-point harness and a high backrest to support your child’s head and neck. Additionally, the S3 and S5 have a UV sunshade to protect your child from harmful UV rays.
One key difference between the S3 and S5 is the size. The S3 is designed for children aged 10 months to three years, while the S5 is designed for children aged one to five years. The larger size of the S5 may provide more stability and support for older children.
In terms of safety ratings, both the Doona Liki Trikes S3 and S5 meet European safety standards. However, it’s important to note that no product can guarantee 100% safety, and it’s important to always supervise your child while they’re using the trike.
Ultimately, the choice between the S3 and S5 will depend on your child’s age and size, as well as your personal preferences. Both models offer excellent safety features and are sure to provide hours of fun for your child.
The key differences between the Doona Liki Trikes S3 and S5 comfort models are:
- Suspension: The S5 comfort model has a built-in suspension system on both the front and rear wheels, providing a smoother ride for your child compared to the S3 model, which does not have any suspension.
- Adjustable seat: The S5 comfort model has an adjustable seat that can be tilted forward or backward, offering more comfort for your child than the S3 model, which has a fixed seat.
- Footrests: The S5 comfort model has adjustable footrests that can be set at different levels to provide better support for your child’s feet. The S3 model does not have adjustable footrests.
- Price: The S5 comfort model is more expensive than the S3 model due to its additional features.
Convenience and Ease of Use
Doona Liki Trike S3:
- The S3 is lightweight, compact, and easy to fold with one hand thanks to its patented quick-folding mechanism.
- It features a comfortable, adjustable seat that can be reclined for napping or adjusted upright for active riding.
- The S3 has a removable parent push bar with adjustable height, a removable footrest, and a large storage basket for convenience.
- The S3 has a 5-point harness and a safety bar for added security, and a sunshade canopy to protect from sun and wind.
Doona Liki Trike S5:
- The S5 has similar features to the S3 but comes with an additional recline position and a bigger seat suitable for taller children.
- It features a superior one-hand folding mechanism, which allows for an even more compact fold and can be carried like a luggage case.
- The S5 has a slightly bigger storage basket than the S3, with an additional accessory compartment for extra convenience.
- The S5 has a bigger, multi-position canopy with a peek-a-boo window, and a new suspension system for smoother rides.
Some pros and cons of the Doona Liki Trike S3:
- It can be used from 10 months to 3 years and can support up to 44 lbs.
- It has three modes: parent mode, push mode, and pedal mode, which can adapt to your child’s growth and development.
- It can be easily folded and unfolded, making it easy to store and transport.
- It has a height-adjustable push handle, adjustable footrests, and a removable, washable seat pad, providing convenience and comfort.
- It has a 5-point harness, adjustable canopy, and durable wheels, ensuring safety and durability.
- It is relatively expensive compared to other trikes in the market.
- It may be less comfortable for taller or larger children.
- It may take some time and effort to switch between the different modes.
Some pros and cons of Doona Trike S5:
- Convertible: The Doona Trike S5 can transform from a stroller to a tricycle, allowing it to adapt to the needs of the growing baby.
- Compact design: The Trike S5 is lightweight and folds up compactly for storage and transport.
- Safety features: It has a five-point safety harness, a removable safety bar, and a sunshade canopy, making it safe for young children.
- Easy to maneuver: The Trike S5 has a swivel front wheel and adjustable handlebars, providing an easy and flexible ride.
- Price: The Doona Trike S5 is relatively expensive compared to several traditional strollers.
- Limited weight capacity: The maximum weight capacity of Trike S5 is 25 kg which might not be enough for some children.
- Limited terrain options: The Trike S5 works well on smooth surfaces like pavement but might not be suitable for rough terrains.
Overall, Doona Trike S5 can be an excellent choice for parents looking for a versatile, compact, and safe ride for their kids. It has some limitations as well, but it depends on the unique preferences and needs of individual parents.